I hope you all are doing great. Finally, it started raining in Goa and feeling really very good. It was very hot and humid during summers, usually, it used to rain in the first week of June, but this time it rained just once or twice in the first week and finally, the monsoons are here and I’m super excited. Getting back to the topic, today my review is all about the bold, the dark shade from Sugar Cosmetics. Read to know more about sugar smudge me not a liquid lipstick.
Price of Sugar:
The Sugar Smudge me not Liquid lipstick consists of normal matte lipsticks and 6 shades from 31 to 36 are metallic ones. The matte ones are priced at Rs. 499 and these being metallic are priced at Rs. 549/- for 4.5 ml and it expires on February 2021. You can use it up to 24 months after opening the lipstick.
Packaging of Sugar Smudge me not lipstick:
It comes in a carton box as shown in the above image. Once you open the box it comes in a transparent bottle and doe-foot applicator. The shade name is mentioned on the bottle and shade code 33 is mentioned at the bottom.
It contains chemicals including parabens. It also contains Vitamin E which helps in getting rid of dryness. Well, will check out whether it helps in getting rid of dryness or not.
Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick – 33 Amethyst Twist Swatches
Hand Swatch: the first image I took quickly after applying the lipstick and the second image is after the lipstick dried.
It is a plum sort of shade. Very dark, it almost looks black but it has got a beautiful purple-plum metallic sheen to it.
What is my opinion about Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick – 33 Amethyst Twist?
Brand Sugar always makes me excited. I never tried metallic shades, so when sugar launched these shades after a month or so I purchased it, but after such a huge gap I am writing the review. And I also noticed that I am writing a lipstick review and a very long gap. As usual, long overdue. I liked the shade but certain things I did not like, to sum up
Pros of Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick:
- It is a beautiful dark, bold and vampy kind of shade if you are someone who likes such dark and bold colors you might like this shade.
- Transfer proof, Apart from fading if any amount remains on the lips then it is very difficult to remove with Micellar water.
- Dries to a matte finish
- Has the metallic sheen
- Awesome pigmentation
- No chunky glitters or shimmer
Cons of Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick:
- This lipstick is extremely drying on my lips, it dries very quickly so make sure you apply it very quickly.
- It is not build-able since it dries very quickly if you try to re-apply the same in certain areas it gets patchy.
- After having meals, it starts fades from the center of the lips forming tiny chunks, since it does not leave any stain behind, when the lipstick starts fading from the center of the lips it looks very awful
- It cannot do touch up because it forms tiny chunks and starts fading off even faster. So the solution is to remove the entire lipstick and re-apply the same.
- Contains parabens
A big NO from my side for this particular shade considering the cons. No doubt the shade is extremely gorgeous but I did not like the formulation. I have not tried out the other metallic shades so I am quite not sure about the formulation. If you already have the shade, I would suggest, do not touch up instead remove the entire lipstick and then re-apply.
You can also read about other lipsticks
- Bella Voste Sheer Creme L*st Lipstick, N*de Tease 20
- NY Bae Lipstick, Creamy Matte
- NYX LIQUID Suede cream lipstick – Pink L*st
- Bella Voste Ulti-Matte Liquid Lipstick – Wild child 06
- Essence Matt Matt Matt lipstick – 04 Pink up your life
- Colorbar Diamond Shine Lipstick – 003 Precious Coral
- L’Oreal Paris Color Matte lipstick
- Christian Dior Rouge 999 Lipstick