Today I am going to review about a product which is mainly available at Westside store and it is quite famous. Its a brand called Studiowest. And I will be reviewing about exfoliating body scrub. Continue reading how it fared for me.
Price: Rs. 399 for 230 gram of product.
Claims of the product: exfoliate your skin with Aloe Vera and Green Apple to reveal smooth and supple skin.
Direction for use: Gently apply all over the body in circular motion and then rinse off.
Precaution: Avoid contact with eyes and keep out of children.
Ingredients: Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Walnut Shell, Glyceryl Monostearate, Aloe Vera, Cetostearyl Alcohol, Triethanolmine, Cetyl alcohol, Olive oil, Dimethicone, Perfume, (Phenoxyethanol & Metylparaben, Propylparaben, n-butylparaben & Ethylparaben), carbomer, disodium EDTA, BHT.
Talking about the ingredient list, Paraffinum Liquidum is basically liquid paraffin, it is very highly refined mineral oil. Studies have found out that Paraffin is said to clog pores. This ingredient is very inexpensive.
The only ingredients which I found to be good were Aqua, Aloe Vera, Glycerin and olive oil.
Disodium EDTA is described not be absorbed by the skin easily, but the presence of this chemical makes dermal penetration of other ingredients in the skin.
As can be seen in below attached image, the consistency is not coarse. Its more of a facial scrub consistency.
What is my opinion about STUDIOWEST RADIANCE Aloe Vera & Green Apple Exfoliating Body Scrub?
I had never tried a body scrub before, this was my first body scrub. I was not knowing how it was to be used as well. It was only mentioned just apply all over the body. Since our skin is delicate it is advised to use the body scrub only once a week or max twice a week. Not more than that, until explicitly mentioned.
I would also like to add, if you have any skin irritation like sun burn etc, avoid using the scrub it will only worsen the same. Also after using the scrub, rinse and dry, make sure you apply moisturizing body lotion so that it locks the skin moisture.
- It smells nice
- Convenient packaging.
- It did not dry my skin, which is a good part.
- It is loaded with chemicals, SLS, parabens etc. If any one of you is allergic to such ingredients then stay away.
- The name of the product itself is Aloe Vera and green apple, I found aloe Vera in the ingredient list but I could not find green apple. I went through the ingredient list again, thinking may be scientific name might be mentioned of green apple, but only chemicals, SLS I could find.
- I feel a little pricey for the ingredients present in the product, as per my research the petroleum derivatives are readily available and inexpensive as well, so Rs. 399 price tag is quite huge.
- The consistency of the product could have been a little coarse, considering it is body scrub. The particles are too fine, it does not scrub well, this is what I felt. the consistency was fine if it was a facial scrub.
- My skin did not become smooth and supple.
- No clear directions for use mentioned.
After reading all cons, do you think I will recommend this product? I big No. It the product has SLS, chemicals etc. and a big price tag as well. It does not do the job well. Along with this body scrub I also purchased body spray , same variant of Green apple and Aloe Vera, will share the review soon. But I would also like to add that no where it is mentioned that the product is natural or something , so i really cannot grumble on the ingredient list. Apart from the ingredient list, at least it should have done what it claims. But it did not.