Hello my beauties
Welcome back to my small world. Today’s review is all about lipstick and it is of the brand Rimmel London. It is called lasting Finish lipstick and I have the shade cutting edge 120. Rimmel is one of the drugstore brands which has an excellent range of products and prices are also quite good.
I wanted a wine color lipstick so I went ahead and grabbed this one online. But often online the image is different and when the lipstick arrives the shades are different.
Price of Rimmel London Lasting Finish lipstick:
Rs. 275/- for 4 grams of lipstick.
Packaging of Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick:
It consists of deep wine color packaging with a silver strip and Rimmel London mentioned on it as seen in the above image. The shade name and code are mentioned at the bottom. It is not color-coded packaging. If you have many shades of these then you might find it a little difficult. You will have to either open the lipstick and check or check the shade name at the bottom. But often I forget the shade names and then I have to open the lipstick and check the shade if I have multiple lipsticks from the same brand.
Following is the swatch of the lipstick on my hand. Please ignore the hair on my hands. Sorry, I did not wax the same.
Guys let me know what you feel about this wine shade in the comment section below.
Lip swatch of Rimmel Cutting edge:
Firstly I must say I fell in love with the shade. It’s such a gorgeous berry color, wine shade of lipstick. It has a glossy like finish to it. I absolutely loved the deep wine shade. It makes my teeth appear whiter.
What is my opinion about Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick?
The packaging is a little flimsy. The cap I found it to be of low quality plastic. It does not close properly. The quality of packaging should be improved. Because the lipsticks cost lesser than this also has good quality packaging. I feel the packaging could have been better.
Coming to the quality of the lipstick, it is good but not moisturizing. It has a very creamy texture and it glides on smoothly on the lips. It lasts for quite some time and re-application is also not difficult at all. Because it is not drying matte lipstick.
- Extremely pigmented lipstick.
- The shade is a perfect wine color.
- Glides on smoothly due to its creamy texture.
- It lasts for up to 5 hours.
- The price point is also fine Rs. 275, at times you get it on discount. So you can grab it at that time.
- I have an issue with the packaging. It is a little flimsy and it not the best plastic used.
- Availability is an issue.
- Though creamy it does not provide enough moisture to the lips.
I loved the shade but not a big fan of formulation as well as packaging. I would not repurchase from this range.
You must also read about other lipsticks:
- PS… Primark High Shine Lip Gloss BabyDoll – Review and Swatches
- Primark PS Liquid Matte Lipsticks – The Tropical Edit Review
- Maybelline Python Metallic Lip Kit – 25 Valiant
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick – 33 Amethyst Twist
- Bella Voste Sheer Creme L*st Lipstick, N*de Tease 20
- NY Bae Lipstick, Creamy Matte
- NYX LIQUID Suede cream lipstick – Pink L*st
- Bella Voste Ulti-Matte Liquid Lipstick – Wild child 06
- Essence Matt Matt Matt lipstick – 04 Pink up your life
- Colorbar Diamond Shine Lipstick – 003 Precious Coral
- L’Oreal Paris Color Matte lipstick
- Christian Dior Rouge 999 Lipstick