Welcome to our blog Beauty and the Geek. This is the first post of our blog so I would be reviewing the lipstick which was gifted by my best friend forever and my blog co-writer Oswald. (Since I was searching for a RED lipstick he had to literally go to the beauty counter and ask the lady to help him select this perfect shade, and I must say, I really love the shade). I would be reviewing lipstick by Christian Dior Paris, Dior Rouge 999 Matte.
Coming to the packaging it comes in a Navy blue box and written in Silver, the shade name is mentioned on the box. It weighs 3.5gms. Ingredients are also mentioned on the box. The good thing about mentioning the ingredient list is you know, what is present in the lipstick.
The packaging of the lipstick is very sophisticated, again navy blue and gold. The initials CD are engraved on the top. When you close the lipstick it makes a ‘click’ sound. As you can see it is mentioned Dior on the lipstick.
The shade name is also mentioned on the bottom of the lipstick.
Since this was gifted by my friend, it was 10 Kuwaiti Dinar(Indian pricing approximately Rs. 2,655/-)
It has a beautiful orange red colour. It is neither in the maroon red shade nor in that bright orange side. It is a subtle orange red, which looks very beautiful when applied on the lips.
Following is the hand swatch:
Following is the lip swatch:
It has a beautiful soft and creamy texture. It is hydrating and does not dry out your lips.
It is really easy, not messy at all as it has a creamy texture; it glides very smoothly on the lips.
What is my opinion about the lipstick?
Who does not like to own Luxury brands? May it be Dior , Chanel, Burberry, Louis Vuitton, Tom Ford etc. etc to name a few. And I’m so glad that my friend gifted one. 😀 else may be I would have thought a hundred times before buying a Luxury brand or ask my dad to sponsor the same as it does not fit my budget. At times I do not feel like using the lipstick thinking I might run out of the same.
Now getting serious, the feeling of owning a luxury brand is great. I really loved the shade Rouge 999, following is the list why I loved the shade and why I’m slightly disappointed.
- I really loved the creamy texture, though matte it is not drying on the lips.
- The colour is really nice rich red colour, if you are looking for something bold or vampy.
- The application is simple, not messy.
- The lasting power is 4 to 5 hours.
- One stroke application: since it is extremely pigmented, one stroke is enough for bold and beautiful red lips.
- It has got a very mild fragrance.
- Re-application is easy, at time if it a matte, super drying lipstick if you re-apply without removal of the existing lipstick , it becomes patchy, but not in case of Dior
- The packaging speaks of luxuary.
- It does not survive heavy meals, (oily meals) re-application required in case of heavy or oily meals.
- It is not transfer proof.
- It is pricey.
It should have sustained meals and should have been transfer proof formulation for the price paid. I would recommend if you want to own something of Christian Dior as it is a beautiful shade, I wouldn’t repurchase the same shade, may be given a thought in buying different product range from Dior
1 star minus for the price factor. Actually, It is a luxury brand, so Price factor should not come into picture. But when a person spends top money, I would definitely prefer quality as well.
I would have appreciated if the lasting power was more, and also if it was transfer proof. Otherwise a great lipstick from scent to finish. Texture to colour. Packaging to Application.