If you want to experiment with a wide variety of lip colors which are affordable and would give good results, then you should give a try to these lipsticks. I am reviewing the very affordable lipstick from NY Bae, which is available on Purplle. I have 2 of the shades.
Price of NY bae creamy matte lipsticks:
Packaging of NY bae lipsticks:
The lipsticks come in a unique black colored packaging and NY bae is mentioned in silver-colored. It has got a sturdy packaging, meaning it is not of low quality plastic. It has got some part of the cap transparent so that you can easily identify the shade.
The lipsticks have got a creamy finish and do not give a super dry matte finish. It is more of a butter lipstick. It gives a gloss like finish, as can be seen in the lip swatches.
This is how the hand swatch looks like:
1) The Tangarine At Times Square 6:
It is a beautiful orange shade, in the below image I had to rub it multiple times to get the opacity. Else it is a very light shade.
2) Manhattan Maiden 12:
It is a pink shade, which is ideal for daily use, may it be college or work. It is more pigmented than the orange shade.
Do comment in the comment section , which shade looks good.
What is my opinion about NY Bae Lipstick, Creamy Matte:
First I was hesitant in buying the lipsticks because I never heard the brand name. Then I thought why not give it a try since the lipsticks were very affordable Rs. 125 only and on top there was even further discount and I got the lipstick for Rs. 99 only. So I went ahead and got these 2 shades. On the site, The orange shade looked extremely pigmented, creamy and gorgeous, but when I got I had to swipe it multiple times to get the opacity, but it does not look the same as that on the site. The image on the site is a little deceptive.
But the Manhattan Maiden i.e. the pink shade is far more pigmented than the previous shade. You get the opacity with 2 swipes and it is a daily use color.
The ingredient list is not mentioned on the product, nor it comes with a box, so basically, no claims mentioned on the lipstick. But on the site, the product claims the following
Benefits: Intense Pigmentation, High Color Payoff, Waterproof, Transfer Resistant, Fuller Lips, Consistent Shade
But it is not true all the claims. The high color payoff is not true to all shades, but for the price paid, I feel quite justified.
- It is the most affordable lipstick only for Rs. 125, and there be further discounts on the site.
- For this price range, it has impressive staying power of around 3-4 plus hours.
- The Manhattan Maiden i.e. the pink shade leaves a beautiful stain when it starts fading.
- It does not transfer like crazy.
- Colour identification is quite easy because of its see-through cover.
- A large number of shade choice available
- Glides on smoothly
- Ingredients list not mentioned.
- The Tangarine color requires multiple swipes for it to become opaque
- These lipsticks do not survive meals.
Overall great product for the price. It has a variety of shades available, should give a try. I would try other products like the lip liner etc from this brand.
You can read about other lipsticks I’ve reviewed
- NYX LIQUID Suede cream lipstick – Pink Lust
- Bella Voste Ulti-Matte Liquid Lipstick – Wild child 06
- Essence Matt Matt Matt lipstick – 04 Pink up your life
- Colorbar Diamond Shine Lipstick – 003 Precious Coral
- L’Oreal Paris Color Matte lipstick
- Christian Dior Rouge 999 Lipstick