Whenever we apply makeup, it is very much essential to remove the same before we go to bed, so that our skin can breathe. Garnier has come up with Micellar Cleansing water. There are 2 variants available
1) Garnier Skin Naturals Micellar Cleansing Water : For everyday makeup
2) Garnier Skin Naturals Micellar Oil-Infused Cleansing Water : For waterproof makeup and kajal
I have the Micellar for everyday makeup
It comes in a transparent bottle with a baby pink colour label and the other variant comes with a orange colour label. As the name suggests, the content properties such as the appearance is like water. It comes with a pink note attached to it , on which the directions for use are mentioned.
It costs Rs.175 for 125ml
Why removal of makeup is important?
If you do not remove your makeup before going to bed, over time it may have adverse effects on your skin. Keeping the makeup on and sleeping also clogs the pores which lead to more acne and breakout. Previously during college time, at times I used to ignore this step of removing makeup, then my skin used to become rough and at times breakouts would occur and then I used to wonder why. Hence a good makeup remover is important to take off the residue of the makeup which was there all day long. It can also make your skin look dull and tired the next day. So it is very much essential to remove the makeup before you go to bed.
Directions for use:
1) Pour the micellar water on some cotton
2) Press lightly for a few seconds
3) Swipe away gently.
All-in-one Micellar Cleansing water that purifies and removes make-up in 1 gesture. Enriched with Micelles, it captures and lifts away residue from face, eyes and lips like a magnet. No need to rub to get rid of impurities and makeup
The refreshing formula is non-sticky, non-oily and without out perfume, suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin.
The ingredients contained in this product are not quite visible in the shot below. I shall list them out here.
AQUA / WATER, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, POLOXAMER 184, DISODIUM COCOAMPHODIACETATE, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYAMINOPROPYL BIGUANIDE. (B162919/2).
Everyone knows the effective porperties of glycerin for skin related benefits. Poloaxmer 184 is a cleansing agent. Disodium cocoamphodiacetate is derived from the fatty acids found in coconut oil. This surfactant works as a mild foaming agent, cleanser and skin/hair conditioner. It mixes water with the oil/dirt particles, thereby enabling the skin to be cleaned and rinsed off from the dirt. It does not strip off the natural oils from the skin.
What is my opinion about Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water?
This is my first Micellar cleansing water and I really liked the product. It does the job well. Although it says it is for every day makeup, it does the job pretty well for water proof makeup as well. The waterproof makeup cannot be removed at a single swipe, you need to swipe it multiple times. But it is a steal deal for the price. Garnier products are pocket friendly products.
- It removes the stubborn makeup.
- Can be used on eyes and lips.
- No irritation caused, harsh on makeup , mild on skin, i.e. it is suitable for sensitive skin.
- Dermatologically and ophtalmologically tested.
- Though this category is only for everyday makeup , it worked very effectively for waterproof Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner – Black, NYKAA GLAMOReyes Eyeliner pencil etc.
- No rinsing required after use.
- Pocket friendly.
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- It is not sticky and non-oily, 100% true to its claims.
- Single swipe claim is too over exaggerated. The entire makeup will not go at a single swipe, multiple swipes required, but this point can be ignored for the price paid.
Quite impressed with the efficiency of the product, would definitely repurchase and recommend this product. Though the product is for everyday makeup, it worked really well for waterproof makeup as well