Now a days charcoal activated masks are trending, and today I am reviewing about a charcoal mask by Health Vit
It comes in a black coloured tube with a twist cap and the tube is enclosed in a black coloured carton box and the directions and ingredient list mentioned on the box.
It is Rs. 350 for 50 grams of product.
The ingredient list :
PVA, Charcoal Powder, Acrypol-1, Disodium EDTA, Triethanolamine, Fragrance.
PVA is basically polyvinyl alcohol, which is mostly used in personal care products and cosmetics. It is used in peel off masks because of their ability to form a thin plastic like layer, which can be peeled off easily.
Disodium EDTA is found in many cosmetics, but it should be in limited amounts. Excess is not recommended, because over time it might have harful effects on skin.
The ingredient list is pretty much small with just 6 ingredients. I’m quite not sure if anything extra is added under the tag of fragrance.
Directions for use :
1) Cleanse your face and pat dry. Apply a medium-to-thick layer of our HealthVit charcoal peel on desired area, making sure to avoid eyebrows, hairline, eye area and lips.
2) Leave for 20-30 minutes until fully dry and peel-off, gently peeling starting from the bottom.
It is black in colour and is having very runny consistency, with a strong acid kind of smell. The runny consistency makes it difficult for application. When you apply only a very thin layer is formed, which is difficult to peel off, so you have to apply a little more, ideally 2 layers.
What is my opinion about the Activated Charcoal, Purifying Peel off Mask?
I got this mask online, this was my first ever activated charcoal mask. But I did not have a good experience with this one. I only applied the same at my nose area, as I have a lot of black heads. Due to its Runny consistency application was really difficult, for the first time I applied a thin layer, but it was very difficult to peel it off. So I had to rinse it with water.
I thought it was the issue since I did not apply properly, so next time I used the mask, I applied a thick layer, which took pretty long time to dry, but it did not peel off. I had a tough time in peeling it off. SO again I had to rinse it with water. Following points to sum up my experience.
- Travel friendly packaging
- Can be used for both men and women
- It has a strong smell like acetone.
- It has very runny consistency, so application becomes a little difficult.
- If you apply a thin layer peeling off the mask is a task.
- If you apply a thick layer, it does not work effectively.
- I have only used the mask on my nose area, and trust me removing only from the nose area took me ages, so I can imagine if applied for the full face how much time it will take.
- It does not peel off, I waited for good 30-40 minutes, so i removed it with water.
- No product claims mentioned, whether it is to remove black heads, or fairness or something else.
I would NOT recommend any one to buy this mask, other and better peel off masks are available at this price range which work more effectively. Highly disappointed with this product. This product did not work at all for me, so it is just waste of money.