Today’s post is about the installation of Anaconda python on Windows 10. Anaconda is preferred because it has many tools and packages that are used in data science and machine learning under one platform. Anaconda is free for students, hobbyists, academics, personal use etc. Chargeable for businesses and professionals.
Following are the steps to install Anaconda on Windows
- Go to https://www.anaconda.com/products/distribution
- Click on the Windows icon and hit Download
- Go to your downloads and run the .exe file
- Click Next several times, till the download is complete
- To check if python is downloaded, open the Anaconda Powershell Prompt
A detailed explanation of each step
1. Go to https://www.anaconda.com/products/distribution
The site as shown below screenshot will appear.
2. Click on the Windows icon and hit Download
Click on Products, different versions will be available. Like Anaconda distribution, Professional, business etc. You will have to select Anaconda Distribution.
Click on the Download option as shown in the below image and a file of 594MB will start downloading.
3. Go to your downloads and run the .exe file
Open your downloads, and double click on the Anaconda3-2022.05 file with a green icon.
4. Click Next several times, till the download is complete
Once you double-click on the .exe file the Welcome to Anaconda setup will open up. Click on Next.
Once you click next, the license agreement comes. It is recommended to read the agreement before you hit agree.
By default, Just Me is recommended. But I advise you to choose the All users option. So that all the users on the system can have access to it. And then clcik Next.
Once you click next, the Destination Folder will appear. You can change the location if you want, by clicking on the Browse option. I kept the default destination. Then click Next.
Then the following screen will appear and there will be an install option. Click on it.
It will take several minutes to install all the packages. You can click the show details option if you want to see what packages are getting installed.
Once the packages are installed, the Finish option will appear. Click on Finish and you are all set. The Anaconda navigator will open up as shown in the last image.
5. To check if python is downloaded, open the Anaconda Powershell Prompt
But before exploring the Anaconda navigator, you can check if python is installed in your system. In order to do that go to your search menu and type anaconda. From there you can select Anaconda Powershell Prompt. It looks similar to that of the command prompt.
Just type python and hit enter. The version of python will be displayed.
In my case, it is Python 3.9.12
And following is the anaconda navigator. You can install new packages by going to the environment and performing a bunch of different things.
Other App reviews you must read
- Current Rewards App Review 2022: Legit or Scam?
- Is HeedYou Really Worth Joining? Full Review
- Moonlyte Review – SCAM or Legit Freelance job site?
- 2Captcha Review 2020: Legit or Scam?
Other installation posts that you might be interested in reading