Google play store has got millions of apps. There are free apps and paid apps. Similar features may be offered by some other app for free, so no point in paying. Or maybe we would just want to cut down the expenses for some reason or the other and would want to cancel the subscription.
Does deleting or uninstalling the app cancel subscription?
NO. Uninstalling or deleting the app from the Google play store will not cancel the subscription. You need to manually cancel the subscription plan. If you delete or uninstall the app without unsubscribing or canceling the plan, you will be charged. So make sure you cancel the subscription on or before the day the plan expires.
How to cancel a subscription:
Cancellation of the subscription can be done in two ways: from the app or from the web. The following are the steps that you need to follow in order to cancel the subscription from the Google Play app.
- Launch the Google Play store app from your android device (mobile/tablet).
- Tap on the Menu button (3 horizontal lines) in the top left corner.
3. Tap on Subscriptions
4. The lists of subscriptions which you are paying for will appear. I have only one i.e. Alt Balaji (to watch Hindi comedy, thriller, drama and romantic shows)
5. Select the subscription you wish to cancel. And then click on the Cancel Subscription option.
6. It will ask you to provide a reason for the cancellation of the subscription. Provide appropriate reason or you can choose Decline to answer and then click on the continue button.
7. Confirm Cancel Subscription
8. Once your subscription is canceled, you will receive a cancellation confirmation email from Google Play.
If you cancel the subscription before the end date, you can still use the subscription till the last date, since you have already paid for the same.
If you have any questions do post in the comment section. I will be happy to answer them.
You must also read