Current Rewards App is an app that claims to pay the user for doing a simple thing as just listening to music. Is it so easy to earn money listening to music? Is this app legit or it is just a scam? Let’s find out. Do keep reading the post.
What is the Current Rewards App?
It is an app that is available in the play store and Apple store consisting of over 1,00,000 plus radio stations of different categories like pop-rock, Rap, and hip-hop, metal, country, slow, relax, and chill, Hindi to name a few. You can save your favorite radio station and listen to the songs on that particular station. While listening to songs you get some points per song. These points are converted for gifts or Cash. This app is available worldwide.
How Current Rewards App work?
- The current rewards app is available for both android users as well as iOS users.
- On the Play store, the file is 32 Mb in size. There are around 5 Million plus downloads. Once you download you need to sign up and fill in the details like your name, email, contact number, etc.
- It also gives extra points if you fill in all the details that the app asks.
- This app is available worldwide. You need the internet for listening to songs.
- Unlimited and a wide variety of songs of different languages and genres are available.
- Each mobile user can operate one current account on one device. They verify the same with your mobile number. They send a verification code on the registered mobile number.
- It’s that simple. After registration, you choose your favorite category of songs and start listening to music and start earning points.
How Can you earn points?
As you can see from the screenshot this was the interface when I first installed the app in May 2020. App updates are released on regular basis.
- Tasks and offers: these tasks include downloading different apps like opinion world, time bucks, daily hunt, and many more. You need to register yourself with those apps. Run the apps as per the condition for the particular offer and then earn points. These tasks and offers take 1 to 30 minutes of your time. It says you can earn points up to 20000.
- Share your opinion: This is basically answering surveys. It will take 1 to 30 minutes of time.
- Daily usage bonus: when you listen to music for a certain time the apps reward you with points. You can earn points to a maximum of 150.
- Quick earn video: in this mode, you can watch advertisements of up to 30 seconds. A maximum of 15 points is rewarded.
- Unlocking the screen: This is another method that is not mentioned in the list. After every 2 hours when you unlock your mobile screen you get 3 points.
- Listening to music: Of course this is the main thing, you get points listening to songs.
After updates the app interface changes. This is the recent interface on November 21st, 2020. In this new interface, they have introduced new points earning method i.e. games. Videos are the same as watching ads.
7. Games: Here you get points for playing games. There are some terms and conditions that you need to accept first and then you can proceed to play games and earn points for every minute you spend playing.
A new feature called the daily goal feature is introduced. Once you reach 25 points you get 5 points more. And so on. They have just introduced a new feature called charging. Wherein you get points when you keep your phone for charging.
How much CASH/ REWARDS can you earn?
Following are the rewards. The first one is once you make 4000 points you can claim a BB card. This means you get paid 50% faster for listening to songs. Once you reach 7950 points you can claim $1 and so on. You can also claim gifts when you reach certain points. When you reach 16500 points you can claim earphones, 18500 you can claim a smartwatch, and so on. Check the below images.
What is my Experience with the Current app?
My friend sent me the referral link for this app and said you can earn gifts or some cash. It was exciting. I was like it is true that you can earn money by just listening to music, watching ads, and answering surveys?
I installed this app on the 21st of May 2020 and could claim $3 by making 9950 points on 28th October 2020. Yes, it took me quite some time to earn those 9k points. Approximately 5 months. In initially getting point listening to music was very low. On the first day, I was able to make 600 points so I was happy. That reaching 9950points would be easy if I can make [email protected] per day. But from the next day onwards earning points became very difficult.
As you can see in the below screenshot I would get 0.09 or 0.2 points listening to songs. Daily check in points would be 6 or 10 etc.
Later with newer updates, I was able to make some points and finally, I reach the target of 4000 points. But it took me more than 3 months so I felt sad to claim the points for the BB card. So I decided not to claim and proceeded with 7950 points. Once I reached 7950, I was like 2k more points and I can claim $3. When I reached almost 7000 points, a new update was launched and I could reach my target fast. I would get points up to 15 for watching a 30-second ad. Before the update watching ads would not give you points. It would say your reward will appear shortly and the points were never added to your account.
Once I reached 9950 points I claimed my points. I was just accumulating points and finally not getting anything in return would be disappointing.
Redeem gifts for listening to music:
So finally I hit the REDEEM rewards option. Firstly, I was asked for my contact number. Fair enough. A verification code was sent. I instantly got the BB card that enables the user to earn points 50% faster.
I got the mail from the Current Rewards app stating that I will be getting my Paypal gift card in 10 business days. As you can see from the below screenshot I got the mail on 28th October. Also, my email id for Paypal, and this app is the same.
So basically exactly after 1 month, I got the rewards in my PayPal account. I claimed for $3 and I got $2.88. I guess the processing fee etc. Below is the proof from my PayPal account.
Most of the time what happens is when you claim for rewards you get a BB card and the card is activated immediately. Some users like me who are claiming the first time we wait if we receive the rewards cash. As per the screenshot the rewards are deposited after 1 month. Meantime the BB card gets expired.
- You get to listen to millions of songs from a wide range of artists, different genres, languages, etc.
- You are rewarded with some PayPal cash or gift whatever you choose.
- You cannot search for a particular song. Songs start playing one after the other of the selected genre.
- The new charge feature of the app led to the overheating of my phone hence my phone automatically disabled the app while charging.
- Enabling the charge feature there are ads constantly running on your screen.
- The current music ad is displayed on your mobile home screen all the time. Instead of an image of your own choice every time you open your phone you get to see Current like the below image.
- It’s almost 1 month and I have not received any rewards. I have also commented on the google play store regarding the app.
- The company’s claim of paying users $600 per year is over-exaggerated.
Current Rewards app which claims to earn money listening to music is a LEGITIMATE app if you want to make some money from the app. If you are using the app for listening to music then it is good. You watch at least 100s of ads in order to make 9950 points. When we users view ads the company makes money. But the company does not fulfill the promise of paying the users of $600 plus dollars a year.
If you open the app in the play store the company claims to pay users $600 per year. Actually, it becomes difficult to earn enough points to claim $3. Let me know your thoughts and experience in the comment section below.
Other Articles you must read