Did you notice suddenly the battery icon missing on windows 10? Well, I also faced the same issue. So here is a quick fix, on how to add battery icon to taskbar windows 10.
- Go to the search option and type Device Manager
- Open the Device Manager
- Click on the drop-down arrow, on the left-hand side of the Battery icon
- Right-click on the Microsoft AC adapter and disable the device
- Repeat step 4 for Microsoft ACPI Compliant Method Battery i.e. disable the device
- Right Click on the Laptop icon and Scan for hardware changes
- Enabling the drivers again.
In the following screenshot, I took it from my computer system when the battery icon disappeared from the task manager. This usually happens when the drivers on your computer system do not function normally.
1. Go to the search option and type Device Manager
The steps are pretty simple and straightforward. Go to the search tab of your computer system and type device manager and hit enter.
2) Open the Device Manager
The device manager will open up and it will look like below image displaying your laptop name and all the other drivers.
3) Click on the drop-down arrow, on the left-hand side of the Battery icon
Click on the drop down arrow next to batteries. Two options will be displayed. Microsoft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI-Compliant control method battery. Now proceed to the next step.
4) Right-click on the Microsoft AC adapter and disable the device
Right click on Microsoft AC adapter and select the option disable device from the menu. You will get a notification stating, if you disable the device it will stop the functioning and if you still wish to disable the device. You will have to select Yes. The drivers will be disabled.
5. Repeat step 4 for Microsoft ACPI Compliant Method Battery i.e. disable the device
You will have to repeat step 4 for Microsoft ACPI compliant method battery. Now, right click on it and select disable device. You will get the same prompt as you got in the previous step. Again you will have to select yes. And proceed to the next step.
6. Right Click on the Laptop icon and Scan for hardware changes
Once the drivers are disabled, you proceed to the first icon , that is LAPTOP-CEEG7, it might be different name for your system. Right click on it and scan for hardware change. It will take a couple of minutes, as it will scan the hardware changes in the system. Once this is done proceed to the next step.
7. Enabling the drivers again.
The drivers that we previously disabled we will have to enable them . Right click on Microsoft Ac adapter and select enable device.
Repeat the same thing for Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control method battery and select enable device. If you notice the first option Microsoft AC adapter the icon is changed back as it was before, a battery symbol and a cable.
Once that is done , the battery icon will appear on screen. It is that simple.
If you guys face the issue, kindly try the above steps and let me know in th ecomment section below if this method worked for you guys.
You might be interested in reading other technical articles HERE